Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Call

Made my first 911 call tonight. After walking my rounds around the complex I found a group of teenage kids in the alley and a fight was starting. I called the cops but because my stupid phone's touch screen app sucks so bad it took forever to get through. Once I hung up the fight happened and was over in a few minutes.

I go to back to my apartment and kick it with my neighbor a bit, who is 19 and renting from JD. He told me about Rent-a-center, and his HBO. I am pretty sure he dealing drugs to pay for all of it and his schooling but he moves out tomorrow so nothing much I can do about that.

Anyway, I'm talking to my neighbor for awhile and then one of the fighters from the alley walks up and talks to us (hands busted and covered in blood). His name is Izzey and he is 15 with a baby on the way; which I guess is what started the fight with his baby's mama's brother. He had a few cuts, like a boxer, around his right eye.

I got a small mouse in my apartment as well. Just put traps out and hopefully will catch something in the morning. I don't even know what I'm gonna do with it if I do get a live one.

My neighbor said too that the complex looks a lot better than when he moved in. Testimony to progress is encouraging.



James 3:18
Peacemakers who sow in peace reap a harvest of righteousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment